Thursday, February 11, 2010

Rogers Valentines Dinner 2010

Paul and I have been married for 6 months today. Thats crazy!! I am barely use to the idea that I am hitched and its been half a year! I guess time does fly.


Living in Missouri has taken some adjusting time. Especially around holidays it has been rough to keep from missing my parents and brothers. Every family had their traditions and little things they do every year. Learning to live without them has been hard. But I have enjoyed experiencing the Rogers way of life. Its fun and every bit as crazy as ours.

This past weekend I got to live the "Rogers Valentine Dinner". It was a blast! Paul and I arrived a little past 7pm at his parents house. The smell of chicken, red sauce, and salad greeted us. Mom Rogers and the girls were busy in the kitchen making the food. Total confusion but I loved it! Felt like home.


Luke and Dayna had made cakes with fruit on top in shapes of hearts. They looked super professional!


The long dining room table was a bit longer with an added table on the end. There was a pink cup decorated with hearts at every place setting. They were full of Valentine goodies......candy, lollipops, notepads, and chocolate. There were flowers for the girls and paddle balls for the guys. Beautiful!!



Waiting for dinner I got some pictures of us goofing off. Typical!






Dinnertime was fun......lots of chatter, laughter, and jokes. I took a bunch of pictures of the family just being themselves. :)




Afterwards we had the traditional guys against girls puzzle match. Exact same puzzle...500 pieces. The girls totally took it!!


I'll finish up this post with a picture of Paul's cute little niece. What a doll!! :)

No comments: